Thursday, May 28, 2009

Breaking My Promise On Nurse Jackie


No Nurse Jackie post as promised through my twitter feed earlier. I was given a link and a code to preview the pilot via Showtime's VIP Insider whatever program and was looking quite forward to viewing the show but it's not to be. Showtime's streaming system is a ridiculous bandwidth hog like you wouldn't believe.

Granted, my cable runs at a relatively low 54.0Mbps, but streaming sites like Hulu and other network pages like ABC.com and CBS.com don't seem to have a problem with that. Showtime seems to disagree for some reason. I made it through 7 minutes and 51 seconds, all of which I'm sure I would have thoroughly enjoyed if it hadn't taken nearly 13 minutes due to all the stop and start buffering.

For a stream that's not commercial supported you would at least think I could hit pause and wait a few minutes for it to load up a bit, but they won't even allow that.

I apologize for not following through and to the Showtime web crew I say "BITE ME."


Store.HBO.comNetflix, Inc.Apple iTunes

Blockbuster Total Access - 2 Week Free Trial



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment