Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Bubble Shows Cut

NBC has canceled both "My Name Is Earl" and "Medium" and CBS cut "The Unit". Bad news all around. I'm really surprised by the news about "Medium" as the show is a consistant performer and when it comes to ratings, well...They're higher than most other NBC shows.

According to Variety, though, all is not lost. CBS Studios produces "Medium", so there's talk of possibly moving the show to the studio sister network, CBS, for a possible pairing with Friday nights' "Ghost Whisperer". I'd be down.

Same goes for "My Name Is Earl", which is good news for those intrigued by the unfinished ending of the season finale. Show is produced by 20th Century Fox TV, sister to the Fox network, so there's plans to shop the series to both Fox and even ABC. With ABC's big push towards comedy next year that could be decent idea and Fox can use all the help it can get with comedy. Plus I could see Fox being a pretty decent home for the show's redneck and off the wall humor.

I do have admit I'm pretty down about this news. "Earl" and "Medium" are two of my favorite shows and I'm a watcher of "The Unit", as well.

Store.HBO.comNetflix, Inc.Apple iTunes

Blockbuster Total Access - 2 Week Free Trial



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment