Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Battle For Sunday

Networks are waging war on Sunday evenings and my poor DVR is caught in the middle. I expect this sort of thing in the Fall premiere season, but not summer. Unless you've got multiple DVR's or one of the good cable systems that provide 4 way DVR tuners, you, like me, see certain nights like a crazy frustrating puzzle.

So, we can record two things at once and cable networks tend to broadcast their shows at multiple times. Keeping in mind there's certain shows we are completely obsessed with and want to watch live (or as close to live as possible to avoid commercials) and trying to juggle all the back up knowledge ala "well, Food Network always runs a minute over but HBO shows end 7 or so minutes early" and blah blah blah.

So here's what's on this Sunday evening and how I'm planning to fill my two tuners. Numbers in BOLD are the showings I'll set my DVR for:

Army Wives - Lifetime 10pm, 11pm, 12am
Expedition Africa - History 10pm, 2am
In Plain Sight - USA 10pm, 1am
Law & Order: Criminal Intent - USA 9pm, 12am
Merlin (2 episodes) - NBC 8pm, 9pm
The Next Food Network Star - Food Network 9pm, 12am
True Blood - HBO 9pm, 11pm
The Best Thing I Ever Ate - Food Network 10pm, 1am



Store.HBO.comNetflix, Inc.Apple iTunes

Blockbuster Total Access - 2 Week Free Trial



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment