Thursday, June 11, 2009

Monk Returns August 7th


According to E! online's summer schedule, the final season of Monk is slated to premiere August 7th. I have no idea where they got this update as they seem to be to the only ones that have posted it.

USA started airing teaser ads stating that this was to be the final season a month or more ago but they all simply stated "This Summer". Well, glad to hear there's a date. I'm pretty bummed, though, at the thought of no Monk holiday special this year.

And while we're on the topic of USA...

Psych is also set to premiere that evening.

The new season of Burn Notice started off with a bang last Thursday. I've been a big fan of the show since day one and I'm glad to see the quality has stuck around for season 3. Ratings were rather fantastic for USA execs, as well, with a reported 6 million viewers. Nice.

Of those 6 million, over 5 million of them stuck around to catch the series premiere of Royal Pains. I think the show deserved the good reviews and ratings it received. I thought also paired up with Burn Notice well. Get your flash bang explosions and guns excitement followed by medical MacGuyver-ism and rich folks.

My favorite part of the show was when the girlfriend of collapsed rich kid actually asked the doc if he was MacGuyver after telling her what he would need to save the kids life. I like when shows reference classic TV shows and really dislike when television seem to take place in a world devoid of television. One of the reasons I loved Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip was hearing about the history of TV writers and the TV comedy business.



Store.HBO.comNetflix, Inc.Apple iTunes

Blockbuster Total Access - 2 Week Free Trial



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment